Pearson Vice President, Business Information and Systems in Boston, Massachusetts
Vice President, Business Information and Systems
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Sales Operations is a strategic, growing and high priority area for Pearson. Sales Operations has 3 goals: 1) Drive salesforce productivity and effectiveness; 2) Deliver strategic insights to sales leaders to facilitate data-driven decision making and informed business management; 3) Drive a world class sales experience for our customers.
Summary of Role:
The Business Information and Systems Leader will sit within the North American Higher Education (NAHE) Sales Operations team. The leader will focus is on Sales business systems, applications and information across all Sales teams in NAHE. The leader will transform the work of the existing team, add new resources as required, and build and deploy best practice information systems, reporting and analytics practices. The Leader will be the chief liaison between Sales and Pearson’s Technology team.
Develop a strategy to ensure HE sales requirements and processes are defined, understood, integrated into and optimized for firm-wide technology initiatives (e.g., Oracle, Salesforce.com, etc.)
Oversee the strategy, roadmap and governance for sales and sales-related systems, data, reporting and tools.
Work with Sales, Sales Ops and cross functional leaders to understand the as-is situation, requirements, new business and technical challenges; develop the to-be scenarios; and recommend a path forward plan of action
Act as the primary point of contact to assure alignment with the Global Tech and Global Data teams
Develop, build and manage a high performing team to deliver work. (Transform the existing team of resources, and recruit new specialists as needed.)
Specific focus areas:
Oracle Implementation: Define business requirements, integration points, interdependencies, process improvements and transformation requirements associated with current deployment of Oracle to replace decades-old NAHE legacy systems. Manage the deployment from the business and technology side through implementation (about 18 mos.) to ensure no disruption to NAHE sales work.
SalesForce.com – Define the roadmap to onboard new HE sales teams; optimize use of SalesForce (e.g., take advantage of new or unused functionality); retire associated legacy applications; maintain, administer and continuously improve SalesForce and its use; and determine new, value added, sales tools and aids to increase sales efficiency and productivity
Business Information/Data – Recruit and manage an experienced data leader that can transform the way Pearson sales and sales related data (including customer, product, pricing, and channel partner data) is defined, standardized, managed and governed in alignment with firm-wide data initiatives and standards.
Reporting and Analytics – Recruit and manage an experienced leader to direct the Reporting and Analytics team that will provide account and pipeline reporting, sales performance analytics, sales management reporting and analyses; and define and deploy tools to enhance sales team performance and improve visibility into sales projections and results.
Be a key member of the Sales Ops Leadership team and as such, drive collaboration across the team, provide reporting to Sales Ops leaders as needed and stand in for/represent Sales Ops leader on systems, reporting and analytics topics as needed
Develop and manage budget and grow functions and capabilities as Sales Operations evolves
• Deep expertise in business and sales processes, infrastructure and systems (including Oracle and Salesforce.com) and data strategy and management
• Understanding of sales teams’ business needs, challenges and expectations
• Deep technical architecture/infrastructure understanding
• Excellent Analytical Skills: Ability to think logically and abstractly, recognize discrepancies, connections and structures
• Excellent Project Management Skills: Carries out project on time and of high quality with appropriate organization and planning
• Focus on setting objectives and achieving results
• Experienced in developing and complying with budget and resource plans
• Proven ability to generate employee commitment and results
• Proven ability to build, lead and coach high performing teams
Education and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Technology or Computer Science
• 12-15 years’ experience implementing ERP and other systems as a business owner or as a consulting team leader
• 10 years’ experience in leading programs and functional teams deploying or supporting systems, applications, reporting, analytics for business teams
• Demonstrated experience with enterprise architecture development concepts, methodologies, systems and technologies
• Demonstrated experience in business model development and redesign
• Understanding of business/enterprise architecture technology and abreast of emerging technologies, systems, applications and tools
• Solid understanding of data strategy including implementing data standards, management, and governance
• Experience with Oracle and SalesForce.com
• Prior Education Publishing company experience strongly preferred
• Prior Big 4 consulting experience a plus
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations US-AZ-Chandler, US-MA-Boston
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2017
Req ID: 1711434