Senior Product Architect
This role willwork as part of Pearson’s EA and Core platforms team, reporting to a Directorof Product Platform. This role may also involve working with regional CTOs,Technical Leadership across the lines of business, and other supportingarchitects to ensure our systems is in alignment with Pearson vision,technology, roadmaps and/or standards. This individual must be able to designsystems that cross multiple business areas within our environment, and mustthink holistically with respect to the integration and operation of manycomplex components that are configured in a secure, highly available, andhighly distributed, manner. This person is expected to understand theindustry and have an in depth understanding of the technical standards,specifications and policies that are supported within the environment. Inaddition, these standards and policies need to be the foundation of theirdesign, and, where requested, will be asked to audit, document, and assist inthe correction of any issues identified. The candidate is expected toutilize the adopted tools used to support our SDLC to create, design anddeliver solutions, and is expected to comply with all established departmentand personnel policies.
* PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES *
The Senior Product Architect responsibilitieswill include the following tasks:
● Ensures alignment of cross programIT strategy and planning with company's business goals.
● Optimizes information managementapproaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technologycapabilities.
● Develops a long-term strategicutilization plan for the company's IT systems and helps “as is” architecturesbecome “to be” architectures through phasing and cost benefit analysis.
● Promotes the use of sharedinfrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows.Ensures that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each otherand business and IT strategies.
● Collaborate with other architectsand colleagues and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that isscalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever changing business needs.
● Manages risks associated withinformation and IT assets through the development, use and promotion of theappropriate standards and security policies.
● Involved in direct, or indirect,manner with the development of policies, standards and guidelines that directthe selection, development, implementation and use of information technologieswithin the enterprise.
● Build employee knowledge andskills in specific areas of expertise.
● Work to settle architecture differencesor conflicts existing across the various architecture layers in the enterprise.
● Work with various business and ITstakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise wide, sharedinfrastructure or to show value of any new strategic platforms beingconsidered.
● Work with project business andtechnical staff to capture and validate integration requirements for theproject, using industry standard integration methods.
● Design and deliver high qualityintegration solutions that satisfy project requirements and meet Pearson’senterprise needs. The quality of the solutions must be assured byfollowing Pearson’s standard best practice for integration development, usingagreed industry standards for integration throughout the service developmentlifecycle.
● Evangelize and explainmicroservices, SOA, integration and other architecture principles, benefits andtechnical solutions to business and technical audiences.
● Proven experience of successfulsoftware delivery throughout the software development lifecycle, includingsubstantial experience of working as a senior architect on multiple projects
● Proven experience developingsuccessful microservice, SOA and integration solutions in an enterpriseenvironment on one or more industry standard integration suites on multipleprojects
● Strong skills in critical thinkingand analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, andinterpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting,etc.).
● Ability to perform complexanalysis of customer provided data using company provided tools and systems.
● Ability to document complexarchitectural concepts and solutions in both business and technical terms
● Analyzes alternative technologysolutions (buy, build, reuse), including assistance in development of anybusiness cases for deviation from standards.
● Knowledge of enterprisearchitecture design concepts
● Proven capability to understandand meet requirements from both internal and external customers
● Experienced in developing softwarewith good non-functional attributes (high performance, low footprint, scalable,robust, secure etc)
● Proven experience as a successfultechnical lead, able to guide a technical team effectively
● Proven experience leading a widelydistributed team in a global enterprise.
● Proven experience with publiccloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google)
● Proven experience with enterpriseintegration and roadmapping of ERP, CRM, eCommerce, Identity Management,Product, Content, and other major IT systems
● Proven experience with variousarchitecture disciplines such as security, network, operations, and dataarchitecture
● Experience of integrating withon-site and 3rd party cloud applications
● Proven track record of working inan agile methodology using some level of continuous integration.
● Successful design and implementation in asignificant transformational project or very large product delivery program
● Must be on top of current technologies andunderstand how they might be used to solve challenges today and in the future.
● Must be able to identify and work withstakeholders to collect, aggregate, and evaluate requirements in light ofcurrent and future technology, resources, and budgets
● Must be able to understand the overall businessstrategy to ensure components of the architectural vision align with those ofmanagement and other stakeholders
● Must be able to weigh the value of thefunctionality against the impact of the change to our application ecosystem,resources at hand, and future of the technology landscape
* Desirable Skillsand Experience *
● Designed SaaS platform for B-Capps to deliver customer facing applications that scale to millions ofsubscribers at peak, while providing a great immersive experience.
● Working knowledge of a significantsubset of technologies including: Linux, Java, Spring Framework, Node, Python,REST, JSON, Cassandra, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, Memcached, and Redis.
● Experience with Identity andAccess Management technologies such as ForgeRock
● Experience with content drivenapplications and an understanding of the complexities resulting fromintegrating software applications and rich media content for delivery to weband mobile devices.
● Experience in designing highlyscalable production deployments employing load balancers at a global scale,with a strong knowledge of HTTP 1.1/(2.0), DNS, proxies, caching technologiesand other Layer 7 technologies.
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Other Locations US-CO-Centennial
Work Locations: US-MA-Boston-501 Boylston 501 Boylston St Boston 02116
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Experienced
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 10, 2016